Saturday, October 27, 2007

We Will Miss You!!!!!!

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that Don Ames Passed away. He was an amazing man and one of the best bike mechanics I have ever met. He had a heart attack while hunting this morning only a few short hours after he and I tuned and cleaned up Sophia's Mountain Bike. He passed doing something that he loved. All of you out there that had a chance to meet him or ride on a set of wheels that he built up know he will be missed. Work wont be the same with out his humor and funny stories. We will miss you Donny Rest In Peace.

2 comments:

Matt said...

So sad. Sorry to hear.

Chris said...

Thanks for being a good friend to my Dad and for your kind words. He was a great friend to me, and he never really had to say much to communicate his love. His smile worked wonders.

Judging from the 150+ people at his memorial service, there are other people who feel the same way.

On a happier memory note, I pretty much only ride on wheels that he built because they have typically lasted twice as long as the factory units.

May God Himself give you comfort.
Chris Ames