Monday, September 28, 2009

Cloud 9

The Fat Lady has sung. Saturday was the end of my mtb race season up in ST Cloud MN. First things first , not a close drive would not have been that bad of drive if it was not for having to go through the Twin Cities. Got there with enough time to see the end of the SSSC race. Which had Brendan More off the front with a singled out 99 SSL. With a chance to ride a bit of the course I was feeling good about what was to come. With the final call up's of the season, Sam , Eric , Hollywood and my self stood waiting for the go. Once all was clarified 4 laps + a parade lap we were off. Hitting the wood I sat about 8th with the O brothers hitting it hard up front. We became the second group, about 6 of us and the pulling duties went to me. Now this race had no hills of any kind what they did have was twist and turns and one of the nastiest rock mud pits that i have seen.After hitting it in the first lap and seeing the carnage I decided to run it from here on out, was it faster I don't know for me just smoother. For the last 3 laps Jake R and Hollywood and I rode rode together trying to pull away from any chasers and trying to catch anyone who may be in front. After 4 long laps and 2+ hours on the bike it was over. As I came to the line I stopped and waited for Hollywood. We did what we set out to do. 7th overall for me plus my first age group win, and with Sam getting first and Eric second we won the elite overall for the second year in a row. It has been a long season and i have a lot of people to thank. Goals were accomplished and I could not be happier about the way things played out. Now it is time to ride and enjoy fall. No cross no fall races just fun on the bike. I am done traveling and done with the number plates. Time to focus on next season it will be here before i know it.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Schweeet! Now drink up and enjoy the remaining dirt sessions.

DMC said...

disclamer,,, was written before I saw we lot by one point...AH SHIT