Friday, August 04, 2006

Not all people from Texas are bad?

I had some fun in the bike path this morning doing stop sign intervals. I always forget how much I love my road bike and how fast the two of us can go.... Today being friday it was a Little League group ride day,,.. We have been going to the afternoon sessions because it is better for sophia faster and longer rides. I got to lead the fast kids on the race course for wed.. We were having a blast flying up the single and fire roads, talking about when to pass or hammer or sit in.. A lot of fun... But it happened and it has not in a long time, it was even the same one who we use to have to worrie about.. GEORGE GRUBER!!!!! I was up front so no one missed the big left hand turn to the old mining town when it happend.. He grabed way to much front brake and rode on the front wheel until gravity took over and he was down.... Now before the start of the desent we talked about the road and how it was loose and their were a lot of good place to crash and I was looking over my shoulder making sure all my chickens were behind me and boom//... At first he jumped in to my arms like a scared dog and was really shook up. I did what I could to help calm him down. He had a huge bruse on his upper leg a bump on this eye where his glasses hit and some other big scrapes.. We were in the middle of no where so I sent chris and eric off to the bottem of the hill to see if their cell phones worked to call for help... The next thing was to get him out of the woods. I lowered the seat on my bike and lifted him on while Meghan walked down with two bikes.. He was doing ok more scared and sore than anything. After a while a Jeep was comming up the road and stoped so we put george in the front seat and meghan and I rode down on bikes.. The guy that was riding in the jeep in the shot gun spot jumped out to help get the third bike down the hill.. He got to ride mine.. I think that he might be buying a 29er single soon.... So george is fine a sore head and a bruse on his leg that is every color that a bruse can turn,,. Nothing is broke other than his shifters.. The other three Kids did a great job and helped a lot on keeping a bad crash under control.. Thanks guys... Not all texans are bad just the ones that are assholessssssss..

1 comment:

aunt jean said...

hey, that's my nephew thanks for taking care of him