Sunday, February 25, 2007

This is not ski area parking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So like my bikes I have three different types of Nordic skis.. I have the downhill tele skis that I am using less and less, and I have my skate skis that I find is a great workout.. The Gnome compares skate skiing to road biking.. Then I have my classic touring skis, The longest in the quiver at 210cm and no edges. So today I went out with C ball, dirk diggler and the blond doctor. We skied the peaks trail,. Nice to get out and do something different and my legs responded to what I wanted them to do.. I just felt like a road rider on his first mountain bike ride. My skis being what they are take a little more work to make them move. A little over 2 hours and we were done, better than going and hitting the rollers again. I hope that I can get out on my skate skis tomorrow and get in some more road biking..

1 comment:

jeff said...

call me next time you go out skiing. have you done Side Door-X10U8-Bomber Trail yet?

I read on mtbr.com that Dakota Ridge and Zorro Trail are dry. not a long section, but it sure beats driving 3hrs to Fruita to ride my mtb.