Monday, June 02, 2008

Flat Flat Flat

The story that I was told before the race was it was fast and yes it was. The start was all elbows and even some crashing. When things settled down i was in the single track where I wanted to be. As we were flowing out of a section I heard it PPPPPiSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! A good flat change even with the bolt on skewer, which rocks. Now i am in the rear of the pack far off the rear. For the next 2 1/2 laps I fought back in to the fold was not going to hit any podiums but back in the race and what do you know same place and another flat. Now I am stretching a26er in to my rear and trying to get back on. At this point I just wanted to finish. I did finish pretty far back but I was not one of the many DNF's. Time to get some work done and get ready for the next one.

1 comment:

Hemme said...

I'm pretty sure there is one evil rock in there responsible for all the carnage. I fell victim to the same rock and just ended up riding to finish as well. way to push through.