Monday, June 29, 2009

Domo Mt Kato

Mankato,,,,,,,, Great day for a bike race. Weather was perfect and the trail system there is top notch. After the call ups and pre race jitters gooo was ringing through the air. Hit the hill up front and ready for the work that was a head. By the end of the first climb I was sitting in the top 10 and working on recovery watching Heath take a massive pull on the front end of the group. Fast Fast start.... As lap one sorted it self out I found my comfort zone. Mad at my self for not being able to close down some gapes but happy to keep the ones that I had. Middle of lap to and in to three Heath and I worked together pulling and grinding up some of the climbs and blazing down the steep and buttery descents. I missed the wheel that I wanted to hold on to and put my head down and plugged away. The lap traffic came sooner than I wanted and they had to be passed before the tricky down hills. Lap 4 after getting passed by the same two guys that passed me in Duluth after I crashed, I had to push it hard to stay in contact. One last good push and I caught em at the bottom of the stair case. Across the line in 2nd again in age group and 12th overall. Felt great wish the legs could have gone a little quicker but happy with the way things shook up. Consistency come to mind when I look at the last 4 races. Bummed that Sophia could not make it because of her hurt arm, but she should be back for the next one in Red Wing.. Ahhh Dirt racing so much fun.. Now I want more Dirt...

No comments: