Monday, November 20, 2006

flashback

14 years ago a young DMC was just learning about mountain bikes and hills and desents. Before then bikes were just a way to get from here to there. I came down from the cities to vist my brother in college. He and his friends all had some kind of bikes any thing from a stumpjumper to an old haro. Me I was on my new fisher and even back then I thought I was the shit. After some pregame we all headed out to the hills for some biking. The ride took us up hedge hog bluff all the way to the top it was a single track climb that topped out with a view of the city. after a regroup we flew down the twisty desent, not knowing the area I was trying to keep up and missed a turn and locked up the brakes launching my self ass over and laned in a rotted out tree. Now this was a long time ago and I had not been back since. well I went there yesterday to try to find this old trail. It was still tere but not as I rembered it . The climb was still the same and the desent had not changed much but my bike had and and before I knew it the ride was over. It was just a blip in my review mirror. I made it over to a trail the locals call the TNT which takes you from the valley flor back up to the top of the bluff it reminded me of the grind section of penn's gluch. Once you make it to the top their is a large trail system that is ever expanding. It is good to see the folks here trying to make mtb. trails work here. It was nice to be out on the mountain bike so late in november I'll get out on the road bike next and look for greg lemond before I get back out on the fat tires.. when i get back to my computer I 'll post some photos....

No comments: