Sunday, June 11, 2006

up hill anger

Almost got run over twice today while climbing up some of my fav single track... I got my tunes on and i am spinng out my legs from yesterday and here comes a guy who skids into a endo and almost hits me, then about 3 mins later must have been his buddy does the same thing. Not the best idea to piss of a already angry man esp with the angry punk rock in my ears. Any how got to ride all the way up to the top of pin ball and drop all the way down bakers tank and aspen tunnel. Felt good to climb after getting beat to shit by wind yesterday,.. I felt good at the start was moving and was up in foutrh place for the first lap, did not realize that through the tough wind section that I had a small group on my wheel using me like a tissue. As we came out of the river bottom I once again dropped a chain and they were all gone. I was able to catch the small break in front of me on the second lap I just once again was all alone head to wind. When I finaly caught them I was poped and it took a while to recover. I dangled behind them for the rest of the race getting close but never closing the gap. Charlie got the win with colin onegear.com in second. Only had one guy finish in front of me who raced at angle fire and lost to ups for the first time this year.. For what it is worth I learned a lot and I am useing it as a training race 31 mile in the sun the flatest and windest race i'll do all year.

No comments: