Sunday, August 19, 2007

I wanted an ARC

Well I made it through. The worst rains in years hit the stated and we rode bikes in it . Some places here in the greater lacrosse area got around 10" of rain. At the race course at Mount Morris it started as only a drizzle. The big guns finished up and it was our turn. GOOOOOOOO way yelled and we were off. Not knowing the guys that I was up against I moved up to the front and started to move. I was really impressed on the course the sweet single and nice flowing climbs. Then it broke loose the trail became beyond greasy even with the right air pressure you could not hold a line. I soon saw one of the singles go down. Aid came fast, we pushed on. That was lap one 2 more to go. My bike sounded like a geared bike that had been run through a muddy sand bog. Jerry soon caught on and said to hold his wheel and stay up right. I was just happy to do the latter. After running up and down the race course I was done some where in lap 2 my front break was done ground to the bit not good!!!!! So I was just happy to finish. Rolled across in 2nd place 1min and some seconds behind jerry. We hosed down the bikes and were off to Two Lakes where I ate abig steak and drank Point Beer. Would I do it again probably do I want to no .... My bike is trashed and I look froward to the Road Bike. After looking at the results at the Wors page they had me in the wrong CAT. They'll fix it I want to come back and take on the field on a day that the stuff is drier. Happy 2 is not bad.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Wow, sounds like a mess. Good job statying in there.