Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lay it down in Fullview

Start of the weekend and I have eaten all the food in the fridge.
A good week of putting my legs into the 
hurt zone. Good bits of climbing and 
a mid week dirt ride.
My goals are set just not sure if i can meet them.
I am tired of working and not getting anywhere.
Everyone else gets to take my money but me.
I have few outlets in life and racing my MTB 
is by far the biggest. I don't ask for much, just a chance a few days a month in the 
summer to line up and for two hours see how much punishment my body and mind can
take. When I am off the bike and take the same punishment it is not 
so great.
I could not do the racing if it was not for the support of my family and all the 
good sponsors that I have picked up over the years.
It is a symbiotic relationship, with out the racing they would have
little to no interest in me and with out them I could not continue to compete at the level that i do.
I seem to be going through a midsummer midlife crises.
The wheels spin and my brain stays quite get off the bike and the voices speak to me.
When do i get mine,,, am I doomed to fix broken household appliances for ever?
The wheels are calling....if you see me out and about and I am smiling,
their must me a bike underneath!

No comments: