Saturday, June 23, 2007

State

The race was on today and the weather was great not to hot and the humidity did not kill us. We started off with the run which I thought would suck and it was not that bad....The brothers started to gap us their. Fifth on to the single and felling ok the Creep and darkness were gone the Josh was giving it his best but they gapped him.. It was a bit greasy in the woods esp.. where the sun don't shine. Blew it on the first Prime small dab but got moving Toss was coming and did not want him to pass me.. As lap two continued I started noticing that my X-Type cranks were getting loose a issue that I have been dealing with all summer..Time to send in for warranty. Jesse got the win with Marko in second the Josh in third and me in 6th. I had to ease up on the cranks so they did not fall off I missed 5th by about a min and 3rd by nine mins. The time the Brother had was sick... The bike held up other than the cranks the Wily was flying and rode well Thanks. The Twin 6 gear rocked it and I was stoke to finish top 6 out of twenty something. Ran in to this gem a Coconino Cycle damm Steve makes nice bikes... Another race down keys got the door open just need to push a little harder..

2 comments:

Matt said...

Bummer on the cranks, amigo....but goo way to hang in there and finish it out. Hope you get things fixed soon - your series of mechanicls is starting to sound like some of my (mis)adventures.

Haven't got near a mailbox - in socal now. Will mail out soon.

Carol said...

My purple bike! Isn't she pretty? I do adore this bike.